These three lovely ladies are the women I work with every day. We have become friends and two of them are in a cooking club with me. We meet the first of every month. So far, the fare has been Moroccan but it looks like in December, the ladies want to try out an American dish - any suggestions? I thought fudge and caramel corn would be a good introduction to American cooking!
Jennifer and Naveen travel to Morocco for a year of teaching and learning... But mostly just fun! This is our adventure....
Saturday, October 30, 2010
A few school pictures...
These three lovely ladies are the women I work with every day. We have become friends and two of them are in a cooking club with me. We meet the first of every month. So far, the fare has been Moroccan but it looks like in December, the ladies want to try out an American dish - any suggestions? I thought fudge and caramel corn would be a good introduction to American cooking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You write beautifully Jennifer. Each blog is a delight. I think fudge and caramel corn are good American choices. What about pie?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update - love the pictures. I would agree with the apple pie...maybe even pumpkin pie? But not sure of apple/pumpkin access in Morocco...what do they grow in Morocco?
ReplyDeletePumpkin is in season and about 30 cents a pound, so pretty cheap. Mostly people cook it with other vegetables for tagine or couscous. I haven't seen a lot of variety - just large longish gords that are bright orange inside and taste like pumpkin. You buy it by the kilo.
ReplyDeleteApples are locally grown but there are a lot of 'pommes importe' also. Apples are not cheap (weird since many of the students have farms and grow them) and the local crop is about the same price as the imports. They are usually about .60 -.75 a pound.
Morocco (where we live) has olives, pomegranates, apples, oranges, rosemary (growing wild), cactus fruits, wheat, tomatoes - It feels like the San Jaquine Valley in North/Central California without the fertile soil. I think it is also hotter in the summer and cooler in the winter than that part of California but right now it is gorgeous fall weather - beautiful, sunny days and wind.
Ok, we gave you a month, now we want more!! Your life can't be that boring..and if it's busy and exciting, we want to hear/see about it! Please!! Congratulations on grandbaby #2--sounds like she's doing great! Can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jen
You don't need excuses for not keeping blog up to date. (: You are LIVING and TEACHING and being friends and being a Mom/Naveen friend...enough for most people. I regard the blog as frosting (which I actually eat in preference to the cake (: Very delightful and most interesting but no matter if you miss a month or two. (: All the same...love your news; it is most welcome!!
ReplyDelete