This is a beautiful gorge with natural springs about 3 1/2 hours south/southwest of Fes. In the summer, it is quite the happening quasi-vacation place but we were the only ones there on this day, except for the locals who ran the little shops. Subterranean water rushes out from the bottom of the hills on either side of the gorge and little huts with cement floors and thatched roofs are built straddling the springs. You walk down steep steps and onto gorgeous carpets scattered around with pillows. Dinner and mint tea are brought to you as you recline. These little boys were some of the locals whom I think live there year round.Jennifer and Naveen travel to Morocco for a year of teaching and learning... But mostly just fun! This is our adventure....
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Just a few more...
This is a beautiful gorge with natural springs about 3 1/2 hours south/southwest of Fes. In the summer, it is quite the happening quasi-vacation place but we were the only ones there on this day, except for the locals who ran the little shops. Subterranean water rushes out from the bottom of the hills on either side of the gorge and little huts with cement floors and thatched roofs are built straddling the springs. You walk down steep steps and onto gorgeous carpets scattered around with pillows. Dinner and mint tea are brought to you as you recline. These little boys were some of the locals whom I think live there year round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So glad you are getting acclimated. Hope the adventure is going well. I am excited to hear more as the year goes on.
ReplyDeleteThats so cool mama!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Morocco! And I have just begun to look! Thank you SO much for your courage and your intelligence and your beauty...(I suppose God gets credit for all these things but I am telling you too!) Thanks for the words.
ReplyDeleteHello - we want more entries and photos!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, yeah, yeah! I just logged on after a 3 week hiatus... Not intentional - just busy and procrastinating...
ReplyDeleteThat was an awesome e-mail you sent me, looks like it drained you for further news in your blog:)
ReplyDelete